If you have ever purchased software for your PC, you know that the software may be useful to have on more than one PC in your home at the same time. This is a convenience that you may have to pay an extra fee when purchasing your software. If you decide to upgrade computers, however, and desire to transfer existing software from the older computer to your new purchase, you can do so using portable storage media, such as a portable hard drive or USB storage stick.
- Connect one end of the cable to the external hard drive and the other end to your computer or insert your USB storage media into the computer that has the software program you desire to transfer.
- Access the your computer’s hard drive and locate the files of the software that you want to transfer. This is done by opening the “Start” menu, clicking the “Computer” button, then double-clicking the icon marked “Local Drive C.” Within the hard drive, open the “Program Files” file. You will now see a list of files and folders. Your software file or folder will be normally be listed under the “Program Files” menu.
- Right-click on the software file or folder, then select the “Send To” option. On the “Send To” menu, you should see the external hard drive listed with its assigned drive letter, click this hard drive. Your software files are now located on the portable storage media.
- Disconnect the external hard drive or portable from the current PC and re-connect it to the new PC.
- Access the portable storage media device from your new PC and find the software files or folders that were obtained from the other computer.
- Send the software files from the external hard drive to the hard drive on the new computer using the previously described method. You have now transferred software from one PC to another.
Using Pro Tools recording software can be a challenge at first, but once mastered will open the possibilities of home recording studios to you. This is the most widely used recording software in both home and professional recording studios. It delivers many mixing options and clear sound.
- Learn about Pro Tools and the accessories that can be used with the program. For optimal sound, use Pro Tools components with it such as the converter and other controllers. Take time to read the entire manual before starting the program. This will help with installation.
- Look for the components and items that are supposed to be packaged with the Pro Tools software. There should be an Mbox, which plugs in via USB and two firewires interfaces. These are Digi002 Rack and Digi002 Control Surface.
- Lay down a basic sound and listen to it a few times to understand how a digital recording sounds. This is often going to sound pretty flat, with no warmth like a live recording. Though you can add live recordings, learn to work with what the software offers first, then add live music in.
- Add some other components in to the basic sound and see if you can bring it to life. If you started with a basic drum beat, add a piano to brighten it up and give your recording a melody. If it doesn’t sound right, try adding a different instrument or changing the pace of the beat.
- Play around with the different features on the program to figure out what you can do. This should include referring back to the program guide. There are often little things in there you won’t think of and a troubleshooting section for solving any problems you might have.
Making movies can be an endless source of fun for children. After the footage is shot and it’s time to put it all together, it can be a challenge to find software suitable for kids.
Windows Movie Maker
- Windows Movie Maker is free for download through Microsoft (and a native program with some systems). With Movie Maker, children can edit videos with simple drag and drop technology and click a button called AutoMovie, which inputs pan and zoom effects and transitions. It’s easy to trim and fade audio and video, and a child can edit a movie very quickly.
- Avidemux is an easy-to-use video editor available for free download. To edit raw footage, your child simply selects the parts he would like to remove and presses “Delete.” Video can be saved in different formats with a few simple clicks. More advanced editing options are also available as your child becomes a more advanced filmmaker.
VideoStudio Express 2010
- With VideoStudio Express, just use the simple QuickCut time line to trim videos or fix brightness and shaky camera problems. The program also offers templates for titles, credits and soundtracks. Your child can tweak videos with a click or fine-tune the entire movie. The program is available from Corel for $39.99 (as of August 2010).
Buying a digital camera is not as easy as buying pack of chocolate, as there are hundreds of cameras with varied features available in the market. Basic camera can prove to be good choice if you are just willing to capture few moments while on outing, or to attend a birthday party. But you might need camera with advanced settings to capture glimpse of wildlife while in forest or hilly areas.
Once you zero on the camera that suits your requirement, you should read all the information and technical aspects about the same by visiting the camera maker’s website. Read reviews about the concerned device to understand its negative and positive aspects.
Price is another factor that needs to be considered. It completely depends on the features that you are looking in the camera. The more you pay the better features you would get.
Here are some details about world’s most sold types of cameras
Compact ones are the most widely used cameras these days, and they are also known as point-and-shoot cameras. These devices offer all the control and flexibility that basic users need while clicking pictures. There are several different models with various types of lenses available in the market. You should choose your camera after considering the type of lens that you are looking for because Compact camera’s lens is attached with its body and cannot be changed.
You can use them to click images while on vacation, or attending events like birthday parties, reunions, meetings, etc. These are small, yet powerful cameras. But they might fail to capture the real beauty.
Digital single lens reflect, or DSLR cameras are popular among professional photographers and wildlife experts. You can use several lenses with this camera, and can also use various accessories to get the best clicks. These devices allow professionals to perfectly control color, focus, brightness, and other aspects of the image. Besides professionals, people also use them in point and shoot mode.
If you are one of those individuals who have considerable experience in handling these cameras to capture the glimpse of wildlife, make sure that you carry all the lenses of these cameras in DSLR camera kit instead of carrying them in other types of bags.
Bridge cameras are portable
Bridge cameras are easy to carry. They cannot offer images as good as those offered by DSLR cameras, but their images are better than those captured by Compact ones. Bridge cameras have long lens, but they are not interchangeable. You can use Bridge cameras in a variety of surroundings. People from all age groups can use them as they are easy to operate.
Looking for an impressive camera with affordable price tag?
Panasonic introduced two impressive cameras during this year’s Consumer Electronics show held at Las Vegas. Lumix TZ57 and TZ70 are manageable and small, but offer impressive performance and creative features to enhance your photographs.
TZ70 is loaded with advanced auto focus system and hybrid optical stabilizer. The camera’s 3-inch screen is good enough to even show small cockroaches.
On the other hand, TZ57 is the best device to click your selfie. You can fold the compact camera’s screen up to 180 degrees. The 16 megapixels camera is fitted with modest versatile lens. TZ57 is perfect choice for you if you are looking for great features in limited budget. Its 20x optical zoom is good enough to capture wonderful natural surroundings as well as any other things while inside the cement jungle. Perhaps, this might prove to be 2015s best superzoom camera with affordable price tag. You can also connect the camera with internet using its Wi-Fi connectivity.
Tracking software is designed to run on your computer without detection, but some programs are not as well hidden as others. Using a number of different resources, you can check your computer for any suspicious activity and gain some clue as to whether or not your computer activities are being monitored.
Some tracking software can compromise your own personal security. Keyloggers, for example, can track your keystrokes and transmit that information to a third party. This can be a serious problem if you use your computer to log into personal sites, such as your online bank account. Therefore, if you suspect your computer is installed with tracking software, it’s a good idea you do some research to confirm.
- Check your installed programs. Click “Start,” then “Control Panel.” Double-click “Programs and Features.” Allow the list to completely populate, then scroll through to find any unknown software. Look up this software in a search engine to confirm whether or not it is tracking software.
- Check your processes. Press “Ctrl,” “Shift” and “Esc” simultaneously to open Task Manager. Click the “Processes” tab.
- Sort by “User name.” If there are any names other than “Network Services,” “Local Services,” “System” or your login name, it is possible that someone is tracking your computer remotely. Look up the entire process name (located under the “Image Name” category) in a search engine for confirmation.
- Check your firewall. Return to the Control Panel and double-click “Windows Firewall.” Click “Allow a program through Windows Firewall.” Click “Continue” if User Account Control appears.
- Click the “Exceptions” tab and scroll through the list of programs. If you find any suspicious or unfamiliar software, check the name in a search engine and remove the check mark next to the name. Click “OK.”
- Download, run and install anti-malware software such as “Adaware” or “Spybot.” Run the software’s update utility to install the most recent malware (malicious software) definitions.
- Use the software’s scan utility to search your entire system. Follow the program’s on-screen instructions to get rid of any malicious software found.
As a security administrator, auditor or “ethical hacker,” there are times when you will be tasked to monitor a person’s computer usage, including Internet sites visited, files created and/or modified and computer accounts created and/or modified. As a head-of-household, you face many of the same challenges, especially as a parent. Built-in, free and commercial computer usage analysis products are readily available to provide you with the means to accomplish computer usage monitoring and auditing.
Tools and Methods
- Install a hardware keylogger, such as Keyghost, on the target computer between the keyboard cord’s connector and the keyboard port on the back of the target computer. Later, play back the target’s keystrokes on the source computer to determine computer usage, passwords and other vital information regarding the target computer.
- Install a software keylogger on the target computer. Configure it so that the target’s keystrokes are sent to a destination of your choosing (to your remote source/monitoring computer, for example).
- Install NetNanny on the target home system. Use NetNanny’s reporting feature to monitor Internet usage.
- Login to your firewall/router as the administrator and enable outbound logging. View and collect the IP addresses of the sites visited by each computer on your internal network.
- Install an instant messaging log viewer, such as the free SkypeLogView, on the target computer. Run the IM log-viewing program on the target computer to read transcripts of any chat logs that have not been deleted from the computer.
- Purchase an external hard drive with at least as much space as the target system. Next, purchase and run a hard drive duplication program, such as Acronis True Image or Norton Ghost, on the target system. Use the software to make an exact copy of the entire hard drive contents. Uninstall the duplication software from the target computer. Review and analyze your exact copy using your source computer.
- Login to the target computer as an administrator. Double-click “My Computer.” Double-click the “C:” drive. Double-click “Documents and Settings.” Double-click the folder belonging to the target user. Double-click “Local Settings.” Double-click “History.” Within this history area, double-click each folder in turn, and review the browsing history within each folder (such as Today’s history).
- Login to the target computer as an administrator. Double-click “My Computer.” Double-click the “C:” drive. Double-click “Documents and Settings.” Double-click the folder belonging to the target user. Double-click “Local Settings.” Double-click “Temporary Internet Files.” Within this area, review the user’s cookies, because often history is erased yet cookies remain.
- Install the commercial software radmin (remote administrator) client on your monitoring computer; next install radmin server on the target system. Set the target radmin server to silent mode so that you may connect to the target system without permission and without being seen. Run the radmin client on your monitoring computer. Connect to the target computer, and you will see everything the user types and everything the user sees.
- Install and configure commercial proxy/firewall software (such as Microsoft ISA [Internet Security and Acceleration Server]) on your monitoring system. Alternatively, install free proxy/firewall software).
- Install and configure commercial Web traffic monitoring software, such as WebMarshal, on your monitoring system. Alternatively, install free Web traffic monitoring software.
- Login to the target system as an administrator and set the Internet Explorer browser settings (Tools, Internet Options, Connection Settings, LAN settings) to point to your monitoring proxy server. Be sure to choose “Use a proxy server” and enter the IP address of your monitoring proxy server. Continue to click “OK” until you have exited the various settings modules.
- Additionally, modify the target system so that all Internet and Web traffic passes through your monitoring proxy/firewall server: Click “Start,” “Settings,” “Control Panel”; right-click on “Network”; choose “Properties”; select the target’s primary network card; right-click; select “Properties”; select “TCP/IP V4”; select “Properties”; then set the “default gateway” of the target’s network card to point to your source computer’s proxy/firewall server. Click “OK” and continue clicking “OK” in the various panels until you exit the network card settings. Reboot if prompted to do so.
- Run the proxy/firewall product’s monitoring and analysis tools on your monitoring system to track and review the target’s Internet and Web traffic and habits.
Here’s great news for all the prepaid users!
In India almost 90%-95% people prefer using prepaid phones over postpaid. Do you know why?
In prepaid, a person can cut the cost of their fixed bills and can reduce the costs of their phone bills.
That’s not it! A few other important reasons for choosing prepaid plans are timely reminders of the balance available on our phones for various recharges made and warning of balances in case it is very low or almost nil.
These options are not available in postpaid schemes as they come in the form of bills that are usually considered a burden on customers when it comes to making the payment. Although sometimes, even the prepaid plans become costly for people.
But Billbachao has a solution to all these problems. Wonder how? Read on!
Customers are given the freedom to choose from a wide variety of options. They have also come up with various combo plans and discount offers. The plans can be based on one’s budget of how much he/she would like to spend on their phone on a monthly basis. Based on the choice, users are however provided with the best combo offers. So let’s find out how that works!
Based on the budget of a prepaid plan, a customer can choose the most favorable option. Billbachao provides online recharge offers for all kinds of service providers like Airtel, Vodafone, Docomo, Aircel, Idea and Reliance, etc. It so happens that many of the prepaid users are unaware of the many discount offers available on their phones and mobile operators.
However, on this website customers can avail interesting discount offers for their phones. Another good feature of this website is the Combo Pack they provide users. This is how it works- A person who wants to get their phone recharged can set a budget for themselves to help them bifocate their expenditure on the basis of calls, SMS and data. After that is done, Billbachao comes in action!
This mobile Internet Service however scans your needs and provides you the best plan that is offered by your service provider. The offers that are provided are explained in simple terms so that there is no confusion in the minds of the customers who avail the services from the website.
Not just that, there are also refund options available only for the recharges that were unsuccessfully made. Instant recharge offers are available based on the amount and plans selected by customers. There is also an App for this website where one can recharge their phone.
It is usually said that drops of rain fill the mighty ocean. Similarly, little savings in money will fill our banks. So, enjoy the recharge services that are provided at Billbachao and make your recharge hassle free.
Computer software consists of a series of instructions in a programming language; the programmer complies those statements into a form that a computer processor can understand. Building software requires knowledge of computer languages, syntax and logic to complete the process from start to finish. In addition to the technical knowledge required, a programmer must be familiar with the specialized software tools needed in the form of an editor, a compiler and a debugger.
- Building computer software begins with the programmer’s choice of the three classes of control statements. Control statements process data, make decisions and repeat groups of instructions. The sequence structure describes program statements executed one after the other. The programmer inserts branching statements into a program wherever the program needs to follow two or more courses of execution based upon the evaluation of a piece of data. The final group of control structures repeats a statement or group of statements a specified number of times or until a certain event occurs.
- A key concept that a programmer must understand holds that the computer will only do what she tells it to do. All program instructions must accomplish a task in a step-by-step manner. For example, adding two numbers requires a number of steps: Get one number and then get the other, add the first number to the second and place this sum in a new memory location. The programmer cannot assume any portion of the arithmetic statement.
Repeating this addition problem requires that the programmer place it within a construct called a loop. The loop adds some new variables to the problem such as how many times to repeat the addition statements. Without the consideration of this requirement, the program can enter an infinite loop that crashes the computer.
Many programming operations will follow one sequence of instructions if a condition is true (e.g., “Is it windy outside?”) and another sequence if it is false. Branching control structures enable this capability within a program.
Choosing a Programming Language
- Programmers must choose a language in which to work from among the hundreds of languages available. As of 2010, the most popular languages are C++, Visual Basic and Java. If the developer wants to target her software to the Internet environment, PHP and Ruby make excellent choices. Each of these languages is relatively complex, and the programmer should plan on spending some time learning the specific syntax of the chosen language before setting out to build a piece of software.
Choosing Development Tools
- The most important tool the programmer must select to build software is the compiler. Modern development environments combine all of the software tools needed to develop a program into a single suite. The programmer will use an editor to write the program statements and save them into a file. A compiler will read this file, checking the syntax as it does, and then convert the programming statements into instructions a specific computer processor and operating system can understand. The result is an executable file that the programmer can use or sell. Programmers can use individual tools (editor, compiler, etc.), but the all-in-one suite makes the process much more convenient.
Preparing to Program
- Building computer software requires the proper tools, an understanding of a computer language and the ability to think logically. Software operates with hard logical constraints with no gray areas; the computer processor will not guess or make decisions on its own. The programmer should prepare to think through what he wants to accomplish with his design before sitting down at the keyboard to create a software masterpiece.
The Sony PSP is capable of doing much more than play games, music and movies. Sony has many applications that are available to be installed on your PSP such as maps, navigation and television programs.
- Download a PSP application from the Sony Playstation Store or another online store you trust. Once you have an application downloaded, right click the downloaded file and select “Extract.” This will unpack the files onto your desktop or to wherever you like.
- Insert your memory stick pro duo into your PSP. The memory card slot is located on the left side of your PSP. Turn on your PSP by sliding the power button up. The button is on the right side of the device. Insert your USB cable into the top of the PSP and then connect the other side into your computer. You will automatically connect to your computer.
- Plug your PSP’s charger into the device and then into the wall outlet. On your computer, navigate to your PSP drive in “My Computer” and open it. If it is blank, create a “PSP” folder inside of it. Next create another folder inside of that and name it “GAME.” Inside that folder, create another folder and name it “UPDATE” Copy and paste the downloaded and extracted files into this folder.
- Disconnect your PSP from your computer, and navigate to the application you just put on your PSP memory stick. It will be located on the PSP home menu in the game section. Initially it will be called “Update.” Select “Update” and your PSP will install the software. When it is finished, you will find your software in the game menu. Press ‘x’ and enjoy your newly installed software.
Win Spy is a computer monitoring software that runs in the background, recording user activity in stealth mode. Win Spy may be installed on a local system, such as at home computers to monitor children’s Internet behavior, or deployed on multiple remotely located PCs, such as in a workspace to enforce conformance to IT policies. Win Spy can only be accessed by a special key combination, ensuring that users cannot open or uninstall the program. In monitoring a system, the program captures real-time screen shots, records typed keys, monitors Internet usage and also records webcam activity. You may use Win Spy to monitor general computer and Internet usage behavior when out of location.
- Go to the developer’s website, “win-spy.com,” and download the installer file. Save the executable file, named “setup.exe” on desktop. When download completes, double-click the file icon to begin installing. Confirm simple onscreen prompts to walk through the installation process.
- Associate a username and password with the program. When prompted in the initial setup process, type in a username and password to access the program. Choose terms that you can easily remember. You will need this to access the program each time.
- Launch the Win Spy interface. Use the secret “Ctrl,” “Shift” and “F12” key combination to login. Configure the program and set preferences from “Options” under the “Tools” menu item. Click on each of the seven tabs, marked “Screen Shots” through “Miscellaneous” to specify settings. You may activate or disable features including screen capture, motion detect, SMS alert and keyword matcher, among other. You may also change the secret key combination from the tab marked “Hotkey.”
- Set the program to stealth mode. Click “File” and then “Exit” to hide the interface and run it in the background. Review records after several hours of activity. Launch the interface using the assigned hotkey and click on “Reports” on the menu bar. Click on each item in the sub-menu, such as “Keylogs Report” or “Internet Time Spent” to open the reports page for that selection.
- Download and install Win Spy on a local computer before deploying it to a remote PC. Click “Remote” and then “Remote Install” on the menu bar. This will open a window titled “Remote Install File Creator.”
- Create a file to send to the target PC via email. This file will install Win Spy on the remote PC, when the user opens the email message. This feature is especially convenient for workplaces with many different computers in different locations. Use the file creator tool to make a file in one of several different formats, such as JPG, PPT and EXE.
- Configure the program. Use the feature tabs to specify which components you want to activate in the remote PC. When done, click “Create Remote File” and close the program interface. Attach the file to an email message and send to the target email address.
- Open the program when you are sure Win Spy has been installed on the remote PC. Click “Remote” and then “Remote Viewer.” You may see a list of remote PCs, depending on how many computers are beinfgmonitored. Click on the PC you want to view reports for, and specify which activity you want to monitor.